CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm in Awe of my Children....

Something funny (for lack of a better word)happened to me this weekend. I found myself wanting to hold onto every piece of motherhood in the making. With Ava, I found myself touching her sweet little hands, taking in all the cute little dimples still in them. I found myself picking up her tiny self and really taking in her smallness. And I found myself feeling guilty that it may have taken a 6 year old, who no longer needed to sit in his Mommy's lap, to make me realize they really do grow up way too quickly. Ironically, exactly two years ago, I had a four year old getting ready to head into the public school system and, for me, it couldn't come soon enough. Am I just NOW realizing the real joy of motherhood? Have I lost 6 years of it already? In just the last few months alone, Beckett has lost 2 teeth, learned to take out the garbage's, make his own bed, fold and put his laundry away...I have seen my beautiful little man become so independent which is suppose to be a good thing and I know it is, but secretly, I still want him to want and need me. In turn, I find myself as I did this weekend, just wanting to capture this sweet, small time and keep it close. Again, Ironic. I look back over the last 6 years years of my life and feel like I rushed to get here only to wish I was back at the beginning. My lesson learned over the past few days, is to slow it down, relish their sweetness, inhale their innocence and to just love every piece of them that I am able to squeeze out! School starts next week!!! ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment